The WIT peer group is a group of bright, and sometimes sassy, women with technology backgrounds and passion.
We know that different is okay, and we realize that not all work environments welcome our differences. We embrace that women can bake our own cakes and eat them too. So, in addition to our crazily-scheduled lives, we have taken up the challenge to serve as mentors and visionaries for emerging technologies, imparting our unique experience and maybe a touch of feminine nurturing.
We epitomize how smart can be sexy, and we believe it is easier to be around other women that know the meaning of buzz words, the difference between WEP and WPA, 3-letter acronyms like “FTP”, and how to use Skype. We are mobile, we are lifelong learners, and we are role models for the next generations of women.
We are creating an environment where we can collaborate, share, encourage, network and mentor; where it is safe to “be ourselves”. We separate problems from symptoms and focus on finding solutions, expanding our horizons, enjoying each other’s talents, wisdoms, and learning from our mistakes.
Are you a woman in technology looking to bond and network with your peers? Ok – even if you’re a man, you’re welcome to join our peer group!
What We Do:
- Informal monthly breakfast gatherings for networking and education
- Wine tasting events throughout the year
- Mentoring and reach out to younger professionals and students
- Participation in the annual Women In Technology Recognition Event
- Working sessions to problem solve, share knowledge and identify opportunities
- Monthly Breakfast Meetings on the 4th Thursday of each month from 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
- Free to attend for New Mexico Technology Council members
- Check out our Events Page for the next meeting and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
WIT Committee Chair: