- Click here to submit your open job posting
- View current job postings
- If you need hiring data that you don’t find in this page, just send an email to the New Mexico Technology Council Jobs Chair.
The Jobs Report data following is courtesy of Robert Half Technologies.
January 2018 Jobs Report
The U.S. January Jobs Report released Friday, February 2nd. Highlights include:
- U.S. payrolls increased by 200,000 in January.
- The unemployment rate remained flat at 4.1 percent.
- Professional and business services added 23,000 jobs.
- The unemployment rate for college-degreed workers 25+ remained at 2.1 percent.
- Temporary help services gained 1,800 jobs.
- The next report will be issued on Friday, March 9.
Tech Employment DataNational Unemployment: 4.1% New Mexico Unemployment: 6.1%,
- New Mexico is the highest in the Nation in general unemployment, skilled labor is well below the national average.
Q4 Information Technology Unemployment Rates
- Computer network architects: 1.8%
- Software developers, applications and systems software: 1.8%
- Network and computer systems administrators: 1.5%
- Computer systems analysts: 2.9%
- Database administrators: NA
- Technical writers: 1.3%
- Computer and information systems managers: 1.8%
- Information security analysts: 2.2%
- Computer programmers: 3.9%
- Web developers: 1.6%
- Computer support specialists: 3.2%
Technology Positions in Demand (U.S.A.)
Supply and Demand HighlightsTop Technology positions in demand in the Mountain region are
- Software Engineers,
- System Administrators,
- .Net Developers,
- Help Desk and
- Web Developers.
Hiring Resources and Articles
- Industry Standard IT Job Descriptions
- How to Improve Your IT Job Postings to Attract Top Tech Pros
- 7 Essential Wireless Network Engineer Interview Questions
- How to Find Top Candidates for Java Developer Jobs
- How to Know if a Candidate Will Match Your Company Culture
- 6 Salary Negotiation Tips for Hiring Managers
- 6 Keys to Implementing a Strong Telecommuting Program