Creating opportunity and community in 3D printingThere’s a lot going on in the field of 3D printing:
- Oversight: For example, anyone could make airplane parts using additive 3D printing, but who will regulate those parts to ensure that they are created to a safe standard?
- Education: Developing educational opportunities for younger students as well as those who want to work in the field.
- Policies: Policies concerning everything from environmental protections to user safety.
- Research: With this budding technology, there is still a lot of room for exploring. New materials are being tested and developed, who will create the next big material to change the future of additive manufacturing?
- Create stronger cooperation between companies, schools, and individuals involved in 3D printing in New Mexico.
- Foster cooperation between organizations to increase the benefits of 3D printing to New Mexico.
- Make a contribution to New Mexico STEM education in the area of 3D Printing.