Tech Talent – A Community Forum and Discussion
July 29, 2015 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Please join members of our community for a discussion on Tech Talent!
We hear almost everyday that companies can’t find tech talent and the techies can’t find jobs. How can there be such a disparate viewpoint of what’s happening in our city? We would like to get a community discussion started around this very issue. Points for discussion may include:
- How and where to find tech talent
- Resources in our local community for making connections
- Why its important to develop locally and not out-source to other states or countries
- Why its important to hire locally
- Why employers think they cannot find tech talent in NM
- Why employers look out-of-state for employees
If you are any of the following, please consider joining us for this discussion:
- Local company or organization looking for software developers or other tech talent
- A software developer or techie looking for work or to grow your business
- An organization that is providing resources for matching employers to tech talent
We view this initial session as part of a longer discussion about this critical issue. This session will serve to introduce and connect key players as we become more familiar with each other’s perspectives.
This is a brown-bag lunch event (bring your own lunch). Soft drinks and water will be provided. This community forum is free – but we do ask that you register!